Matches are only fire-fighting tools at first. But now matches may mean creativity, colorful, even romantic.
Offer a light with flame. Shop from our extensive collection of personalized matches, including matchbooks and a variety of differently shaped matchboxes. Whether you're looking for a top-quality yet inexpensive wedding favor or a beautifully branded leave-behind for your business, custom matches are your answer. From simple 40 strike matchbooks to creative lipstick matchboxes, For Your Party the most extensive selection of personalized matchboxes you can choose from. Plus our vast library of paper colors, foil colors, fonts and graphics! With so many options, we are sure you will find the perfect match!
A2丨58*36*8MM丨1.9 inches丨48MM 丨17-20
candle matches-1丨110*65*20丨3.9 inches丨100MM丨50
candle matches-2丨210*65*20丨3.8 inches丨96MM丨40
Earliest matches are invented in China, During the Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms (AD 907–960), a book called the Records of the Unworldly and the Strange written by Chinese author Tao Gu in about 950 stated about safety matches.
Modern matches were invented in the 19th century in Sweden. Wooden sticks mixed with chemicals, strike on the boxes which are printed with red phosphorus.
Safety matches are classified as dangerous goods, HS code: 3605.00, UN 1944.
It's still widely used today around the world, not only Europe and North America. Also in developing countries, in South America, Africa, etc.
According to the purpose and technics, there're many different types of matches: advertising matches, BBQ matches, book match, candle matches, cigar matches, fireplace matches, hotel matches, gift matches, glass bottle matches, etc.
Safety matches can only be stricken against a special surface (phosphorus ), before safety matches were invented, people are suffer from chemical exposure. Then fist safety matches are invented by Sweden in the 19th century. Strike-anywhere matches are classified as another dangerous goods, UN 1331, Matches, strike-anywhere. Different with safety matches, UN 1944.
During the match making process, its formula includes 8 grams of potassium chlorate, 2.5 grams of manganese dioxide, 2 grams of sulfur, 1 gram of solvent and glue and 0.5 grams of water. The amount of pigment is determined by your demands.
The formula of matchstick making includes 8 grams of manganese dioxide, 3 grams of red phosphorus, 3 grams of strong powder (glue) solvent, 5 grams of glue, and 3 grams of water.
After various raw materials are prepared in a certain proportion, they are sieved three times with a 140-180 mesh nylon sieve. More is better. (Do not use a metal or copper sieve.) Mix the prepared solvent with the sieved raw materials, stir to form a liquid, brush on the prepared matchbox with a brush, and dry.
1. Red phosphorus: The three colors of red, yellow, and white are insoluble in organic solvents and soluble in tribromide bowls, and can fire above 200 degrees.
2. Manganese dioxide: The molecular formula is MnO2. It acts as a catalyst. The color is black and the molecular weights are 86 and 94. It is a safe drug, easy to store, mainly sealed, and placed in a dry and ventilated place.
3. Potassium chlorate: The molecular formula is KC1O4. It is a white powder or end-capped crystal, which generates heat by the reaction. It has a molecular weight of 74. It is a dangerous substance. It should be kept away from pressure and hammer and should be avoided from fire.
4. Sulfur: The molecular formula is S. It is yellow powder or lump which acts flammable. The molecular weight is 32. It should be stored in a dry and ventilated place.
5. Rich and strong powder: It has a high viscosity and should be stored carefully. (It can be replaced by glue.)
6. Pigment: It is mainly used to adjust the colors of matches. Industrial and edible pigments are acceptable. Generally, industrial pigments are better.
After all kinds of different raw materials are prepared in a certain proportion, 140-180 mesh nylon screen is used for repeated screening. The more uniform it is, the better. (If it is not uniform, it will affect the combustion effect.) Then mix the sieved raw materials with a ratio of glue to water and mix them into a paste. Insert the purchased matchstick into a three-plywood board with many small holes, flip it and take the liquid, and dry it. Do not set it on fire. The key thing is to suck enough paraffin on one end of the matchstick.(The oil can be heated and dissolved first. Insert one end of a matchstick in the oil and remove it immediately. It is not easy to burn.)
Matchboxes can be made of paper and wood. If using a paper furnace and the paper size must be with 130-200 size. 180-220 # paper is for outer box, and 130 ~ 150 # is for inner box.
Cut it to your desired level according to the above model of yellow paperboard and specifications, and put the dried product inside. The packaging is generally 30 grams per box with 40-70 roots and 30-50 wax stems.
The above raw materials are sold nationwide in provinces, cities, and chemical raw materials stores. In the purchase process, you need to buy industrial pure, do not buy chemical pure or analytical pure, because the cost of industrial pure production is low, easy to sell, and produce.