Fire is an essential material in people's life. As a tool for making fire, matchstick is very important in people's life. The invention of match has changed a way of making fire and promoted the progress of society. So what are the safe ways to use matchsticks? Let's introduce the relevant knowledge.
Safety match is a fire taking tool that can rub and ignite according to the principle of heat generation by object friction and the chemical activity of strong oxidant and reductant.
In the second half of the eighteenth century, yellow phosphorus was mainly used as an igniting agent. Because yellow phosphorus was poisonous, it was gradually replaced by phosphorus sulfide. Although the latter is non-toxic, it has the possibility of spontaneous combustion at any time, which is very unsafe. In 1855, the match factory established in Sweden successfully developed safety matches, which were gradually adopted by countries all over the world.
Early matches had two very fatal disadvantages:
(1) White phosphorus is very rare and easy to spontaneous combustion in case of heat, which is very dangerous;
(2) White phosphorus is poisonous. Match makers will die of poisoning if they are not careful.
Now, compared with the early matches, safety matches are safer, but if they are not used properly, they are easy to burn hands, and fire will be caused due to improper storage in flammable and explosive environment.
The head of the matchstick mainly contains potassium chlorate, manganese dioxide, sulfur and glass powder. The matchstick is coated with a small amount of paraffin. The friction layers on both sides of the Matchbox are made of red phosphorus and glass powder.
1. Don't use too much force. It's easy to break the matchstick and waste matches;
2. Strike a match in the leeward place, otherwise it will be easy to blow out even if it is lit;
3. Pay attention not to light matches in explosion-proof and fire-proof places, which is also easy to cause fire and explosion accidents;
4. Use the matchstick as soon as possible after it is lit. Don't burn it for a long time.
5. When storing matches, keep them out of the reach of children.
The above are the precautions for safety matches ignition. It may be easy for us to use matches at ordinary times. However, matches are flammable after all, so we should pay more attention to avoid potential safety hazards when we use them at ordinary times.